Friday, January 14, 2011

Vegan Orange Ginger Bok Choy

\



Today recipe is whipped up from a need to use some Bok choy I had in the fridge here on set. I thought I had teriyaki sauce but it was orange sauce, which has chicken broth in it. So I scrambled to find a new sauce.

What I did have:






1lb or so Bok choy, cut in quarters and rinse
2tbsp chopped garlic
2tbsp chopped fresh ginger
1/4 cup Olive oil
Juice of 1/2 orange and peel just the bright orange of the peel.
1 big squeeze of agave
1tbsp dried red chili pepper

I read that, despite the usual rules of stir fry- super hot wok then add oil, when you want a pungent garlic flavor start with cold oil and add the garlic and ginger. Then bring the wok up to temp, or in my case, electric skillet. Once the garlic and ginger begin to brown add the bok choy.

I fried it until the leaves were soft. Then I added the orange juice, zest, chili pepper, and a healthy squeeze of agave. Once the bok choy was tender enough to eat I scooped it into a bowl and let the wolves descend. I think the biggest sign that it was a hit was how fast it went, this from the crew that I was told eat mostly meat.

- Posted from the crafty kitchen

1 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds delicious. This is my first visit to your blog but browsing through your earlier entries has convinced me it will not be my last. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails