Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vegan Superbowl artichoke dip

\






Racking my brain for a non-dairy snack to bring to the Superbowl party today, I settled on an artichoke dip that will fool even the most hardcore fans. At the grocery store aka bedlam, I looked at the ingredients on a packet of ranch dip. MSG was practically at the top of the list. Oh heck no. But, the rest was just powdered onion and garlic. I can manage that. I had a can of artichoke hearts in the pantry and we were good to go.

Ingredients:
1 pkg soft tofu
1 can artichoke hearts
1tbsp garlic powder
3 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbsp soy creamer
1 tbsp earthbound

I first heated the artichokes with the earthbound on a medium flame. Then, in a processor, I mixed the tofu and spices. Add the oil and soy creamer (or feel free to substitute coconut creamer). Throw the artichokes in and pulse on low to mix lightly, keeping the artichokes a bit chunky.

The heat from the artichokes will warm the tofu. You'll end up with a super creamy dip for pita chips, carrots, or hollow a round loaf and serve with the soft chunks of bread.

Have a great Superbowl party!!


- Posted from the ether

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails