Friday, March 19, 2010

Now this is what I call a Vegetarian lunch

\

Here you have it for $8 Village Bakery in Atwater, across from the Roost, will hand over a cup of aromatic and delicately spiced carrot ginger soup, a half beet salad and three pieces of herb buttered toast, only two are pictured because I could not even make the drive back to work without digging in.

The dressing for the salad is mild and neither too vinegary nor too sweet. I detest those "vinaigrettes" that are mostly corn syrup. Gross.

Big chunks of beets make this salad filling without relying on meat or hunks of cheese, there is a bit of feta but nothing overpowering.

I am definitely making this my lunch spot when I forget to pack one.


1 comments:

Shaheen said...

Hey looks good and healthy to boot.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails